World Laughter Day is observed on the first Sunday of May month. First time World laughter day was celebrated on May 10, 1998, in Mumbai, India. Laughing is the best mediation. A day without Laughter is a Day Wasted.
All human have only one life to live. So enjoy every moment of life.laugh unconditionally and make your life stress free.laughter has so many advantages. Laughter reduces stress from your life. World Laughter Day brings awareness toward the laugh.
History of Laughter Day
Laughter Day was Founded by Dr.Madan Kataria in 1988. Madan Kataria is a family doctor. Madan Kataria started worldwide laughter yoga movement. This day brings the positive manifestation of peace through laughter.
After staring of the laughter yoga movement world laughter is celebrated. Outside of India world laughter day is known as “Happy Demic Day”.
How to Celebrate this Day:-
Commonly this day is celebrated by gathering all people in public place with the purpose of the laughing. The popularity of the laughter yoga movement is exponentially increasing day by day. Now thousands of the laughter club is started more than 105 countries.
On World Laughter day Laughter club organize the special programs and events. On this day events like mass laughter session, blood donation camp, jokes, and much other competition.
Quotes from world’s Top Comedians:-
- A Day with laughter is a day wasted – Charline Chapline
- “Laugh. Laugh as much as you can. Laugh until you cry. Cry until you laugh. Keep doing it even if people are passing you on the street saying, ‘I can’t tell if that person is laughing or crying, but either way, they seem crazy, let’s walk faster.'” – Ellen DeGeneres
- “You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it.” – robin Williams
- “Going from crying to laughing that fast and hard happens maybe five times in your life and that extreme right turn is the reason why we are alive, and I believe it extends our life by many years.” – Amy Poehler
- “I’d like to make you laugh for about ten minutes though I’m gonna be on for an hour” -Richard Pryor
“If you want to make an audience laugh, you dress a man up like an old lady and push her down the stairs. If you want to make comedy writers laugh, you push an actual old lady down the stairs”. – Tina Fey
“If you can really laugh at yourself loud and hard every time you fall, people will think you’re drunk.” – Conan O’Brien
- You should bring something into the world that wasn’t in the world before. It doesn’t matter what that is. It doesn’t matter if it’s a table or a film or gardening—everyone should create. You should do something, then sit back and say ‘I did that.’— Ricky Gervais
Seven funniest Book to read on the world Laughter day 2019:-
- The Importance of Being Earnest.
- Hyperbole and a Half.
- Three Men in a Boat.
- The Innocents Abroad.
- There’s a (Slight) Chance I Might be Going to Hell.
- Catch 22.
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.