Republic Day of India is celebrated on 26th January Every year. It is the National Holiday of India. On 26th January 1950 constitution of India Came into Effect Replacing the Government of India Act 1935 As the Governing Document of India.
The constitution of India was adopted on 26 November 1949 by Indian Constitute Assembly. It comes into effect on 26 January 1950 with the Democratic Government system. 26th January is chosen as the Republic Day because on this day in 1929 Indian National Congress Proclaimed the Purna Swaraj (Indian Independence) as opposed to the Dominion status offered by the British Regime.
History Of Republic Day of India:-
on 15th August 1947, India achieved Independence from British raj. The independence came through the Indian Independence Act 1947. India Obtained its Independence on 15 August 1947 as a constitutional monarchy. But India Did not yet have a permanent Constitution.
on 29 August 1947 Drafting committee was appointed to draft a permanent Constitution with Dr. Bhimrao R Ambedakar as chairman. The Republic day celebrates the coming into force of its constitution. A draft constitution was prepared by the committee on 4th November 1947. The Constituent Assembly open to the public for 166 days before adopting the constitution.
Some modifications were done with the 308 members of the Assembly signed two hand-written copies of the Document on 24 January 1950. After 26 January 1950, it came into effect throughout the whole nation. This day is celebrated as the Republic day of India.
Dr. Rajendra Prasad was the first President of the Indian Union.
Interesting facts about the Indian Constitution:-
- Indian Constitution is only one constitution of the world which is written by hand on handmade paper.
- Every Page of the Constitution is made with the gold leaves frames and some artwork has been made on the opening page of each chapter.
- The original copy of the Indian Constitution was wrapped in the flannel with naphthalene balls.
- In 1994 the Constitution was secured in the library of Parlament house with the help of the chamber made with the scientific method.
- Earlier of 1994 Constitution was protected in the other country of the world.
- The one page US constitution was protected in the helium gas chamber but the Indian Constitution is large in size so it is protected in the nitrogen Gas chamber.
- Nitrogen Gas Required for paper Protection. Nitrogen gas is nonreactive.
- Indian Constitution is written in Blck Ink so it could be easily oxidized
- 50 grams per cubic meter humidity is required to protect it.so airtight chamber is created to protect Indian Constitution.
- Gas Monitors are installed in the chamber to monitor Humidity. every year nitrogen gas is emptied so the health of the gas chamber is examined every year.
- CCTV cameras constantly monitor the gas chamber. Checking of this Chamber is done every two months.
Celebration of the Republic Day of India:-
First Republic day parade was held on Rajpath New Delhi, in 1950.
The main celebration of Republic day is Held in New Delhi at Rajpath every year in presence of President of India. On Republic Day of India, Various parades are performed at the Rajpath to tribute India.
Live Streaming of republic Day 2020:-
For live streaming of republic day 2020 you can visit this site :-https://republicday.nic.in/
Republic Day 2020 Images:-