3uTools can downgrade to iPhone 4 from iOS7.1.2 to iOS 4.0-6.1.3 only in the case that you have backup the particular SHSH files before. If you don’t have the shsh backup, then please view this tutorial “How to Downgrade iPhone 4 from iOS7 to iOS6.1.3 without SHSH Blobs Using 3uTools?“
Notes before the flash:
- Please use iTunes for backup your important data before the flash.
- Please directly connect your device to the computer via the USB cable, and don’t use the extension cable or front USB.
- Ensure that you remember your iCloud account and password, or your device can’t be activated after the flash.
- If the app will immediately jump to the main menu when you click on the app icon after the flash, please reinstall the app.
- Check the box of “Don’t erase user’s data” so that your phone data can be stored.
- Steps to enter DFU mode: Keep your device in normal mode or recovery mode, plug-in USB cable (please don’t use USB extension cable); hold HOME button, then after hold the power button until the screen becomes blank; release the POWER button after about 4 seconds, but keep holding the HOME button for about 10 seconds.
Step6. Click on the Flash Jailbreak→Pro flash→Select Firmware, and then pick up the firmware. Click Flash now to begin the flash.
Step7. Please wait until the flash is completed. When iTunes sends a reminder in the flashing process, please cancel the box or your device will be restored to the latest iOS version instead of 6.0.1 on iTunes!
- As to the feature of backup the SHSH file, it is involved in the toolbar of “Advanced” on 3uTools.
- The 3uTools will probably downgrade more devices later, but it can currently downgrade the following devices:
- iPhone 3GS without SHSH file backup can be downgraded to iOS4.1 using 3uTools.
- iPhone 4 with the SHSH file backups can be downgraded to any compatible firmware using the 3uTools.
- iPhone 4s/5/5s/6/6Plus/6s/6sPlus, iPad 2/3/4, iPad Pro, iPad Air 1/2, iPod Touch5/6, and iPad mini 1/2/3/4 can be downgraded from the 9.3 to 9.2.1 using 3uTools.
*Tips for other devices:
1.iPhone 4s without SHSH file backup can be downgraded to iOS 6.1.3 using Odysseus-0.4.
2.iPhone 5 with SHSH file backup can be downloaded to iOS7.0.4 using Odysseus-0.4.
3.iPhone 5s is can’t be downgraded with whichever tool.