3uTools can downgrade to iPhone 4 from iOS7.1.2 to iOS 4.0-6.1.3 only in the case that you have backup the particular SHSH files before. If you don’t have the shsh backup, then please view this tutorial “How to Downgrade iPhone 4 from iOS7 to iOS6.1.3 without SHSH Blobs Using 3uTools?“
Notes before the flash:
- Please use iTunes for backup your important data before the flash.
- Please directly connect your device to the computer via the USB cable, and don’t use the extension cable or front USB.
- Ensure that you remember your iCloud account and password, or your device can’t be activated after the flash.
- If the app will immediately jump to the main menu when you click on the app icon after the flash, please reinstall the app.
- Check the box of “Don’t erase user’s data” so that your phone data can be stored.
- Steps to enter DFU mode: Keep your device in normal mode or recovery mode, plug-in USB cable (please don’t use USB extension cable); hold HOME button, then after hold the power button until the screen becomes blank; release the POWER button after about 4 seconds, but keep holding the HOME button for about 10 seconds.
Step 1. Ensure you have installed the iTunes on your computer, and then download the latest version of 3uTools.
Step 2. Click Flash Jailbreak→Pro flash→Query SHSH. And then after you can see which firmware versions you can flash your device too if you have backup the SHSH files before.
Step 3. Download firmware. For example, if you want to flash it to iOS6.0.1 now. Then after click on the “Firmware” →choose “iPhone 4″→click the downloading icon of “iOS6.0.1”.
Step 4. Click the icon on the upper right corner to enter the Download center, and please wait till the download is completed.
Step 5. Click on the Completed→click the yellow icon of “search” to confirm the firmware location.
Step6. Click on the Flash Jailbreak→Pro flash→Select Firmware, and then pick up the firmware. Click Flash now to begin the flash.
Step7. Please wait until the flash is completed. When iTunes sends a reminder in the flashing process, please cancel the box or your device will be restored to the latest iOS version instead of 6.0.1 on iTunes!
- As to the feature of backup the SHSH file, it is involved in the toolbar of “Advanced” on 3uTools.
- The 3uTools will probably downgrade more devices later, but it can currently downgrade the following devices:
- iPhone 3GS without SHSH file backup can be downgraded to iOS4.1 using 3uTools.
- iPhone 4 with the SHSH file backups can be downgraded to any compatible firmware using the 3uTools.
- iPhone 4s/5/5s/6/6Plus/6s/6sPlus, iPad 2/3/4, iPad Pro, iPad Air 1/2, iPod Touch5/6, and iPad mini 1/2/3/4 can be downgraded from the 9.3 to 9.2.1 using 3uTools.
*Tips for other devices:
1.iPhone 4s without SHSH file backup can be downgraded to iOS 6.1.3 using Odysseus-0.4.
2.iPhone 5 with SHSH file backup can be downloaded to iOS7.0.4 using Odysseus-0.4.
3.iPhone 5s is can’t be downgraded with whichever tool.