Some users want to downgrade the iPhone 4 from iOS7 to iOS6, but the Apple has closed its signing. Actually iPhone 4 with SHSH backup can be downgraded to any compatible firmware using the 3uTools. But what should you do without SHSH backup? This tutorial can guide you to downgrade the iPhone 4 to iOS6.1.3 without SHSH blobs.
Why iOS6.1.3? Because the 3uTools Pro Flash supports iOS6.1.3 flash without SHSH blobs, and provides the “forced iOS downgrade”.
Please note that after the forced downgrade, you should use the “3uTools tethered boot” to start your iPhone after it’s turned off.
Notes before the downgrade:
- Please backup your phone data before downgrade.
- Turn off the “Find My iPhone” , or you’ll need to use the Apple ID to activate your iPhone after the flash.
- Download the latest 3uTools.
- The i-Device will have no service after you force downgrade, because it skips the activation step. When you upgrade back to the iOS 7.1.2, the device will have service.
- The 3uTools only supports to downgradeiPhone 3,1 (Product type).
Part A: iOS downgrade
Step 1. Connect your iPhone to PC, start 3uTools, click “Firmware” to download iOS6.1.3.
Step 2. After it’s downloaded, click on the “Flash Jailbreak→Pro Flash→Select firmware ” to import the firmware “iOS 6.1.3”.
Step 3. Click on the “Flash now”, ensure iPhone in DFU mode to begin flash. Then After it’s failed to query SHSH for three times, the 3uTools will show you the reminder of forced downgrade. Just click “Yes”.
Step 4. Please wait till the iOS downgrade is finished.
Part B: Jailbreak and tethered boot
1. Currently your iPhone has been forcibly downgraded from iOS 7 to iOS 6.1.3 without SHSH blobs, but can’t boot still. Then the jailbreak iPhone in DFU mode, click on the “Flash Jailbreak→Jailbreak→iOS4.x/5.x jailbreak”.
- The 3uTools will remind you that the “Jailbreak is completed! The device is processing, then please wait for another 3 to 8 minitues…”and at this moment your device will run a bunch of codes and pineapples.
- Then your iPhone can’t boot still. Please click on the “Advanced→Tethered root” to start up iPhone with guidance.
- Start up and activate iPhone. Then your iDevice will run iOS6.1.3.
Part C: Install plugin “Insomania pro”
Now you can use iPhone normally. If it is becomes unbootable after the screen is locked, you’re supposed to install a plugin “Insomania pro” on Cydia.
You may add apt.so, and download the plugin “insomnia pro”.
Now, At this moment you can use your iphone normally, and you may use the 3uTools“Tethered boot ” to start up iPhone after each shutdown.