All that You need to know about ADHD in Children
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) affects the children and teens and can lead to adulthood also. It is commonly diagnosed as mental disorder of children. These kids are hyperactive and are not able to control their impulses and cannot concentrate.
Symptoms in Children:
The symptoms of ADHD in children are
- They get distracted easily.
- The are unable to finish the task or follow the instructions
- They appear that they are not listening
- They forget their daily activities
- They do not pay attention and thus make silly mistakes
- Cannot organize their daily activities
- They often lose their things
- They day dream a lot
- They are unable to do things that requires them to sit still
- They fidget or bounce while sitting
- They have trouble playing quietly
- They talk excessively
- They are always on the go as if ‘driven by motor’.
- They are always running or climbing things are restless in general.
The impulsive behavior of an ADHD child:
- The child has trouble to wait for his or her turn.
- Blurts out the answer
- Always interrupt other people
There are no exact causes that could lead to the disease but here are few things that could lead to ADHD.
- Heredity, it usually runs in families.
- The brain must have chemicals that are not in balance.
- Toxin could lead to not fully developed brain of the child
- A brain injury or brain disorder.
- Poor nutrition, infections, smoking, drinking and abuse of mother during pregnancy, can affect the development of child’s brain and thus lead to ADHD.
- Lifestyle challenges like watching too much of television, poor school or poor home life, or food allergies could also lead to ADHD.
ADHD cannot be prevented or cured but getting good treatment and education plan can help the child in managing their symptoms. Therapy can also help the child.